Sunday 12 April 2009

School gift to WenHua


Our school gift to WenHua is a lovely print by Kent Barton. Many thanks to Donna Hedges for selecting the print and to Belinda for organising the framing.

ABOUT THE ARTIST – KENT BARTON

Kent was born in Brisbane (the capital of Queensland), Australia, where he resides with his wife Lisa, and three sons Chris, Andy & Sam. Kent works fulltime from his home studio producing artworks.
Numerous awards have been given to Kent for artworks in a variety of mediums.
Kent is mostly known for his serigraphs (silkscreen works on paper) which although are of different subjects, are united by Kent's distinctive style.

"My inspiration is all around me and whether my subject is of the suburbs, the city, the coast, or the country, I always search for the items that are intrinsic to the scene. I collect interesting objects and take lots of photos, and with a bit of imagination, I use these things to create my artwork.

I approach every artwork as a serious project...but that doesn't mean I don't like to have fun with it. I like to experiment and work with different mediums and constantly move to new subjects whilst occasionally revisiting earlier work. I take an inventive approach to my compositions and rendering styles to find the best way to convey the textures, the atmosphere and the idea of the artwork."

No comments:

Post a Comment