Monday 6 April 2009

Day 13 day with homestay

I asked the children what they did with their Host Families on Sunday and these are their responses......

Mitchell: I went to my school buddy's house and we went for a 4km bike ride. We saw a massive bridge and a really tall building and we rode up part of a mountain and stopped at a temple to have a look and to climb big rocks. Last night we had KFC for dinner and we watched The Flintstones movie.

Kevin: Yesterday I went to my host dad’s office and we had a look around . It was really high up and we had a look at the view. We went to see a shadow puppet show. After that we went to the souvenir shop. For dinner we he had pizza hut and when we went home Jerry played play station with me.

Jacob: Yesterday we stayed at home for awhile and I practiced singing for the concert. We went to a shadow puppet show and I saw Kevin there. The best parts were the broken bridge, the boxer and the boxer and the audience. They spoke in English as the puppeteer was Australian. It was Alexander’s cousin’s birthday and we had lots of different foods for dinner and a birthday cake for dinner. It was a chocolate cake.

Nick: At home yesterday we went to the markets. We went to church that looked like an apartment. We picked up Zach and went to see an English man do a puppet show. We went outside to the cafe and had waffles. At night time we went to more markets and then went to Herman’s Dad’s dental surgery where he took an impression of my hand and he made a plaster model of my hand. For dinner we ate biscuits cookies and hot coco drink.

Frances: Yesterday we went shopping and I bought lots of clothes and souvenirs and I made a collar for my dog. We had a walk and the dog had a turn on the treadmill. For dinner our maid made us a big platter of vegetables, pork and beef and rice. We also ate some fruit and watched Scooby Doo 2 in Chinese so I had to guess what they were saying!

Shay: Yesterday I went to a Theme park where we went on rides we also fed some animals goats, sheep and birds (parrots). For tea we ate noodle soup and pineapple and guava.

Breannah: I slept and was not feeling well.

Zachary: I went to a restaurant and also saw the shadow puppet show with Nick. We had waffles and toast at the cafĂ©. We played with a water game and I got wet. I went to Nick’s homestay house for a play . For dinner we ate burgers with ham and lettuce and mayo..

Cameron: Yesterday afternoon I went flower picking at Yangminshan mountain and we had dinner there. At home we played ping pong. For tea we had beef and vegetables.


Sydney: I went to the beach to see the Queen’s head and it was crumbling because it is a very windy place . Then we went to the hot springs for a swim. For dinner we ate at Danshui markets and I had a portrait done.

Emilee: My homestay family took me to the coolest theme park in Taiwan. It was pretty cool and it rained lots. My family was too scared to go on any of the scary rides I went on just like someone at home not mentioning any names.

No comments:

Post a Comment