Friday 10 April 2009

Mr. Artates Speech


xiao zhang, ge wei lao shi, ge wei tong xue. Da jia hao.wo jiao Christian. wo shi ao da liya ren.wo shi Stretton xiao xue de lao shi.wo hen gao xing lai taiwan.

During my time in your beautiful country I have been asked the same question over and over again. "What are your impressions of Taiwan?" My answer to this question would always be the following; "My impression of Taiwan is a nation with rich heritage and people who are hospitable, friendly and over welcoming. People who are proud of where they have come from and the direction in which they are heading into the future." The past 3 weeks has been an enjoyable and wonderful learning experience. We have been spoilt in everyway possible, but most importantly we have been spoilt through a cultural aspect. Michelle, I and the students have experienced an abundance of rare and exciting activities that you embrace in your daily lives. We are very fortunate to have had these experiences and hope that you have also learnt something about our culture.

These experiences would not be possible without the efforts of many people in your community. Firstly, I would like to thank Dr Huang for his hospitality and everything he has done to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. I now understand why Michelle and Roger talk about him the way they do. He truely is a wonderful leader and principal. I would like to thank the staff of Wenhua. Thank you Mrs Gao, Mr Huang, Mr Wong, Soapy, Teachers of the English Department (especially the teachers who were in contact with our students during our stay) our students' home class teachers and buddies and other staff members. Thank you for all you have done to make our tour interesting and special. A special thanks to the students' homestay families for opening your homes to us and to the PTA for all their hard work. I admire and appreciate the effort and commitment you put towards Wenhua. Thank you to Nest (Sophia and Philip) for coordinating our tour. Thank you Elizabeth, Nicholas and your team (Alice, David and Amy) for also welcoming us to Taiwan. I am still very jealous that you both speak fantastic Chinese. Last but certainly not least I would like to thank you, the students of Wenhua for welcoming us to your wonderful school. You should be proud of the great school you have helped build. I look forward to welcoming you to Stretton State College. I will truely cherish the memories and frindships I have developed during my time in Taiwan. I hope to see you all next year. Thank you all very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment