Tuesday 31 March 2009

day 8

Today I asked the children what was something that they had seen or experienced here in Taiwan that they would not in Australia? Here are their responses.........

Emilee: I use chopsticks here to eat my food. I have eaten beef noodles.

Sydney: There are lots of mopeds here in Taiwan. I have been on one.

Frances: More people here live in apartments than in Australia. There are many small lanes and the shops are very tiny. There aren't many large shopping centres.

Nick: There are a lot of stray dogs roaming the streets. There are interesting toys for sale at the markets.

Shay: I saw a dog on a scooter. The houses are small.

Breannah: There are cemeteries everywhere. They have tomb sweeping. You can find buns with ice cream inside.

Kevin: There are no seat belts in the back seat of cars. I drank black tea.

Zachary: Here you take your shoes off before you go inside the house and when inside you wear house slippers. I ate squid and it was chewy.

Cameron: The food here is really different. They have a MRT (mass, rapid, transit) .

Jacob: The toilet paper goes in a bin here and they have squat toilets. You can have eggs that are boiled in tea. (egg tea)

Mitchell: Sometimes I catch wild cats with my homestay family in cages and we give them to people to sell. I have seen chicken feet for sale at the night markets.

Mr. Artates: When they take photos, they all do peace signs. The crossing lights have pictures of a man that runs when you ned to cross faster. They sell Stinky Tofu that is not very aromatic by nature.

Mrs. Peachey: I have seen a cat on a moped, dog on a moped, chicken on a moped and whole families on a moped. The night markets are amazing with every animal body part for sale. Lots of people. I have eaten fish chin and eel - very tasty!



No comments:

Post a Comment